Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bad Hair Day!

La Qua Sweetie, La Qua.





Sorry folks. I have had a big day! Hair coloured..cut and pampered....

Luciania, what do you think????? It was better than I expected!




This hair dresser guy flies in from Kiev to Kharkiv on the weekend to service his clients! Not one other person picked up a pair of scissors whilst he was there. The colour experience was weird, not what I am used to but it seemed to work out OK, and In Kharkiv, cheap... AUD$107.00 for colour, cut and blowave! It was an interesting experience however, all the clients were talking in Russian and of course, I didnt understand. There was a few magazines around to read, but again all in Russian, so I am at a loss to do anything but observe!! Just at the tail end of the blowave, this lady who had been making a bit of a scene throuout the day (about which I cant tell you cause I dont understand irate Russian), comes up to me and the Hairdresser cutting my hair and asked “Why on earth, would an Australian come to Ukraine! .............In reasonably good english I might add!!.........I was a bit gobsmacked, as I was oblivious to the fact that I was being talked about for the past two hours! I told her I was working for a multi national that had a factory in Kharkiv. “what sort of Multi National” she asked, “Manufacturing”, I replied. :You manufacture what” she asked, “Tobacco”, I explained in my best Australian/Russian. Dead Silence went throughout the salon. I had no idea that little old me that had said nothing for the last two hours would generate so much interest in the last 15 minutes of my visit! Inna stepped in an expliained in Russian that I worked for PM and I was here for 9 months etc.... Oh you are here for nine months! You must come back and have this treatemnt and that etc... I still cant work out what went on in that salon today, but I know there are some staff there that deserve a bit of a compliment for making me feel comfortable even though I knew no idea what was happening!Thanks again to Inna for showing me her hairdresser and having me looking normal again after a few weeks in Ukraine.... No more grey hair, an experience I will never forget and I feel a lot better with new colour and cut!!



So why La Qua sweetie, La Qua?? Well after the hair dresser, there was more....alot more... expecially about the Military stoping us and searching our car and us! but Im not going to tell you about it now as I am watching AB FAB with Eddie and Patsy. It is the first decent thing I have watched in two weeks so you can all get stuffed for a while and I will get back to you when I have my fix of TV/Video that I can understand and enjoy.

Cheers

Mum, Sorry about the call at 2am your time. Got the times a bit mixed up.......


xM



No comments:

Post a Comment