Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Countdown begins





Its Official. I have my visa. I fly out 10th October. I'm offf on a bit of adventure for 9 months for work. It is not somewhere I would not choose to go for a holiday, but I think this opportunity is too good to refuse on a personal and professional note.

Ukraine.............. is a former state of Russia. We have factories thouought the world and Khrarkiv (Khrakov) is the place in the Ukraine I will be living in over the next 9 months. Google it... but there is not much.... so I will try & forward some good sites. My goal is to implement LES (logistics execution system) and tie it in with MES manufacturing execution systems) in our factory in Khrarkiv and bring that knowledege back to Austraila and implement at home.

I will be working with a Russian (hopefully he speaks English), a Ukrainian, a Pol and two people from Switzerland. The work will not be a problem at all for me, the "interesting" things will be the language and the food! I'll keep you informed......... Yes, Ukraine people in general do not speak English and yes it is going to be a challenge. I am however up for the task. You may get a few e-mails in Ukrainian............yes I will try and master the language (Maybe I will teach them some Aussie..Mateship! ..... Tim Tams.& vegimite..right!!) I any case, I intend to be myself and gain some new friends and extend my working family.

Hopefully Xmas in England with Gordon & family, then back to Aust in Jan for home leave... see how we go I entend to explore Eastern Europe (visas could restrict me), as much as I can over the next 9 months. You will be privy to all my joys and "challenges". Pictures will be posted (if I can work out how to do it)and chat of good and bad times will be posted. I hope YOU help me through this experience as much as I can educate you over this time.

I will need news from home regularly. As much as I will miss Australia and my babies ( Middy and Bella) who are going into long term boarding.(this is killing me!).....

 

..but I know everything back here will be fine...... Big thanks to Mum and Dad for taking care of things xxxxx Eee thanks for looking after my car .... you will look after my car wont you? xm I'm hoping work will arrange a RETURN ticket on my departure so I can actually leave Ukraine. Getting in is a paperwork nightmare, visa's, innoculations inclluding HIV free confirmations, consular "confusions". i hope getting out is easier.

George.... as we didnt manage to get to Broome this year, feel free to come to the Ukraine .....free accomodation, but quite a bit colder -20 is the norm in winter!!!! (think I will arrange home leave during winter)

N. Let me know when he puts the ring on your finger....

I have a two day workshop in Malaysia then onto the Ukraine from there.
xm


2 comments:

  1. Hi Merrin, first time posting a comment, good luck with the trip and the time will fly, let me know what the chips are like over there !!

    Best of Luck !!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John.

    Had my first chips last night! French Fries... cant compare the to PML chippies. Will keep searching

    M

    ReplyDelete