Thursday, May 6, 2010

Girls night out

Inna invited a few girls over to her place for a sauna and dinner. She only lives a hop step and jump from the office, so we went straight from work, picked up Mashka, ( Mishka’s Masha) at Anya’s place. On the way back to pick up another Masha, I asked Anya to stop at a street close to her place so I could take these pictures as a special request for JW.... so John.... here is a street lined with newly painted trees,  (to keep the rabbits out..... of China), just for you !!


After a quick stop at the local shops

Local supermarket and housing apartment estate
for some supplies and Chocolates (it seems it is a tradition to take Chocolates if you are going to someone’s house) we arrive at Inna’s house and are greeted by a huge German Shepherd barking his head off in the neighbours house! As we press the intercom to Inna’s house, we are greeted by two smaller dogs yapping their heads off. Meet Inna’s loving family, dogs Syuzzy

.... doing tricks

















and Dana, just looking for food












Inna’s hubby Yuriy and Daughter Katya  










 Also there were Inna and Yuriy's son Vitya and aunt Lusya, but unforunately I didnt get pictures.

Inna has a lovely house with sauna and spa. We decided to get wet prior to eating so downstairs we go to the sauna. I’m not much of a sauna person, so I decide to sit the sauna and spa activities out, nurse a cool beer and watch Russian MTV. The girls ( Inna, Anya, Masha, and Mashka (Mishka’s Masha ), strip off and go from sauna to spa, sauna to spa, sauna to spa and then shower......

Anya looking glamorous.




















The Spa










It looked like hard work to me, but we had fun conversations, as we always do, in between spa and sauna. Inna’s English had really come along as she had just returned from her holiday in Sri Lanka and had obviously been practicing.

Yuriy brews his own wine, so instead of my normal Chardy, I decide to try some home grown red ! Very nice too. Light on the pallet, good colour and it has none of those nasty chemicals added so you don’t get that terrible hung over feeling that you can get with commercial wines.


Yuriy, Inna & Syuzzy











 It also complimented the feast Inna had prepared  and after the terrible canteen food that day, I was grateful for good food with flavour. Yuriy is also a keen diver and photographer and pulled out dome of his collection of prints taken on some of his dives. He had some exceptional pictures and insisted I pick out two that I liked. I now have two beautiful pictures one of a turtle and one of two tropical fish to take home to Australia and display ! As always I had fun with Inna and this time I was also able to enjoy her families company as well as my friends. Inna,  when the canteen food gets that bad, I will give you a call and will pop in for lunch :-))


Masha (from work), Inna, Yuriy, Syuzzy & Anya










Mashka & Inna












Me, Anya, Mashka
and Masha fooling around
Me and my Angel












Cheers Inna and Yuriy for a wonderful night of hospitality at your house. I hope one day I can return the hospitality for you both in Australia.















On our way to work recently one morning, we had my favourite VOLGA driver. He is the one that laughed at me when I hurt my leg and said “Australian Open”. Yes he is the mad tennis fan and when I hoped in the VOLGA this morning, he started speaking to me in Russian. Of course, I look to Dima for translation ! Dima translated that the Australian women’s Federation cup team played in Kharkiv against Ukraine on the weekend and won! Had I known they were in town, I would have gone to watch and cheer them on ! It would have been great for them to have some local Aussie support. Unfortunately, this is one of the pitfalls of living in a non English speaking country and you cant watch the news!

I promise next blog will be of Crimea !

xm





1 comment:

  1. Extremely informative and fascinating. You taught me a good deal. How long does one sauna? saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete